Glenn Howell – Optometrist
BScOptom PostGradOcTher (Melb) PostGradOptom (UNSW)
Glenn Howell graduated from the University of Melbourne in 1991 with a Bachelor of Science in Optometry. Glenn lives in Hamilton and provides eye services to Hamilton and surrounding areas. Glenn visits the Balmoral Bush Nursing Centre four times per year. For an appointment please contact the centre for dates on 5570 1304.
Services provided include:
- Eye testing
- Prescription glasses/lenses
- Contact lenses
- Prescription/sun glasses
- Children’s Eye Health Services
- Children’s testing
- Children’s glasses
- Behavioural Optometry
Glenn is able to conduct a comprehensive consultation because all equipment is portable and can be carried with him. This includes a portable slit-lamp microscope to examine the eye structures. Glenn brings a range of frames so glasses can be fitted on the day.
A normal eye examination appointment is generally 30 minutes in length. Glen performs a series of tests of vision and eye focusing and eye health during a full eye examination, and may sometimes use pupil dilation drops when necessary. The Optometrists Association of Australia recommends regular eye exams every 2 to 3 years – this means that potential problems are detected as early as possible.
For more information on Glenn Howell optometry please visit www.glennhowell.com.au
What to bring to your eye test:
- All glasses (old and current glasses) – even if you don’t like the glasses, they are still useful for the optometrist.
- Medicare card,
- Health cards – if applicable (pension card, health care card, private medical insurance card- health fund claiming on the spot is available),
- Current Contact Lenses (and details of contact lenses including prescription or original boxes)
- List of your current Medications.
The Victorian Eye Care Scheme is a glasses subsidy scheme for pensioners and health care card holders living in country Victoria and Glenn is an accredited VES practitioner. We are also registered to provide glasses to Veterans by the Department of Veteran Affairs.
- Visiting dates are here